Thursday, November 6, 2008

Here we come FORT MEADE!

Sooooo...I had pretty much had my mind set that we were going to be seperating from the Air Force once Matt's 4 year committment was up. After talking about it a little more, we decided to put in for an assignment in the Washington DC area (there were actually 3 choices in the area, Chantilly VA, the Pentagon, and Fort Meade) and then wait to see what he was actually assigned. If it was something (or I should probably say somewhere) we didn't want, then we'd seperate. But if it ended up being one of those three, or even something else close to the northeast, then we'd stay in. Well we got the orders this week and Fort Meade, MD it is! We'll actually only be an hour and a half away from my parents, and four hours from Matt's parents. Perfect! So much better than 3000 miles away. I'm super anxious to learn more about Fort Meade. It's an Army base and is one of the largest in the nation! It's going to be an extreme OPPOSITE of what LA AFB has been. Even though my parents live so close, I'm not really too familiar with that particular area. It seems to be in a good location though, it's pretty much in between Baltimore and Washington DC, outside of the suburbs. Matt didn't think he'd find out his assignment until Jan or Feb, so this was totally unexpected, and my head has been spinning thinking of all the things I'll need to do in just the next 3 months!





2 comments:

Unknown said...

You're moving in 3 months?!?! I am so glad that you got Ft Meade!!Congrats!! :-)

Samantha said...

YAY YAY YAY!!!! I'm SO happy for you!!!!

So does that mean that ya'll might just stop by also on your way out there!?!?! :)

P.S. Wii this weekend? :)