Sunday, February 1, 2009

We threw a baby shower at work on Friday for my boss. We were actually able to pull it off without a hitch, she was totally surprised!

Becky and I as we were decorating for the shower.



everyone gathering for the surprise

surprise!



-----------*-------------*-------------*------------
On another note, we went out and played beach volleyball on Saturday morning, for what will probably be our last time playing on California sand. Beach volleyball is near the top of the list of things that I'll miss about living in Cali. For a while where we were playing almost every weekend. Some days there would only be 4 of us, and then days like yesterday we had 12! It's such a blast and there's just something so serene about being out on the beach early in the morning. We would usually go out by 9am-ish, and there aren't many people out yet at that time. There's the few bikers and joggers on the strand, and other vball players scattered on the other courts. But the ocean is always so calm at that time without any waves. I didn't take my camera with me but I wish I would have! We hadn't played in almost 2 months, because everyone's schedules had been so hectic over the holidays. It's amazing how quickly your muscles forget! Matt and I were both pretty sore from playing.


So then Saturday night, neither of us felt like cooking, and we weren't super hungry so we didn't want to order in, so we did what was our only other option. We had ice cream sundaes for dinner! We pretty much Never do this, especially since I'm on a kick to try to eat healthier. But every once in a while I think everyone should have dessert for dinner! Half cookie dough and half mint chocolate chip ice cream, with crumbled sugar cones on top, syrup, sprinkles, m&ms, and whipped topping. MMMMM!


No comments: