If you crave some really good Mexican food, you have to try Tito's Tacos. Matt's mom had seen them on the Food Network, or maybe it was the Travel Channel or something, and had told us about it and that we should try it. We just never really made the effort to go (It's in Culver City - and I've been truly sucked into the South Bay bubble - I never travel more than 15 minutes for any store/restaurant etc. unless I absolutely have to!!) So anyway, the other week somehow Tito’s came up in conversation at work, and my LA born friends told me I HAD to try Tito’s before I leave Cali. Hence, we had a random Wednesday 2 hour lunch break! :-P
A little bit about Tito’s, it’s basically a glorified taco stand. But I do have to say, the food was REALLY good! You stand in line outside, and there are only a few picnic tables to sit at. They’ve been around for like 50 years, and are well known in SoCal. They don’t have anything fancy, just tacos, burritos, tostadas, enchiladas, and tamales. And you can only get them with beef and beans (no chicken) and no frilly extras. Although they do have guac and rice as sides that you can order. It was soooo good! I pigged out so much at lunch that I didn’t even eat dinner that evening!
I didn’t have my camera with me, so I took these pics off the internet…
A little bit about Tito’s, it’s basically a glorified taco stand. But I do have to say, the food was REALLY good! You stand in line outside, and there are only a few picnic tables to sit at. They’ve been around for like 50 years, and are well known in SoCal. They don’t have anything fancy, just tacos, burritos, tostadas, enchiladas, and tamales. And you can only get them with beef and beans (no chicken) and no frilly extras. Although they do have guac and rice as sides that you can order. It was soooo good! I pigged out so much at lunch that I didn’t even eat dinner that evening!
I didn’t have my camera with me, so I took these pics off the internet…

people lined up outside...

2 comments:
Yummy!!
P.S. I cannot wait to see you!!!!
seriously that looks AMAZINGLY good. i am drooling. i'm sure it has nothing to do with being pregnant, LOL
Post a Comment