Thursday, March 26, 2009

Closing day is tomorrow! I can't believe it's here already. I've been so anxious about the whole house hunting/house buying process, and now it will all be finalized as of tomorrow! It's been pretty crazy, the whole process involves so much more than I ever knew. I've been keeping a diary for my scrapbook of everything we've had to do for the house each day, ever since we originally decided that we wanted to submit an offer back on March 3rd. There's so much to do!

I think we may be slightly nuts, but when we get the keys tomorrow we're going to move in right away that evening, even though we will have NO furniture. My parents are coming down for the weekend as well, and even Matt's parents are going to be driving in from Pittsburgh. It's going to be one big slumber party, everyone's bringing their air mattresses! The reason we're doing that is because we wanted to paint right away. All the walls are currently stark white. Our household goods are scheduled to be delivered on April 14th, and we figured it'd be much easier to paint without the furniture in the way. Here's a few more pics....


The view of the house and you come up the road. It's a new development so the lots on both sides of us are empty. (Maybe it will stay that way for a while!!)




In the foyer. (I don't know what my mom is pointing at)

The view of the foyer when you walk in the front door. The room to the right they call the living room or sitting room. For us, I think it will be more of a "library". I played piano for many years growing up and my mom has been keeping my old piano for whenever I have my own house, so I think this will be the perfect room for that! The room to the left is the dining room.

The dining room. I really like the wainscoting (The panels on the bottom half of the wall) but I do have to say that I despise the chandelier! I am just not a gold person. I can't wait to change that out! I see a cute wrought iron candle chandelier in my future....haha!

Walking straight back from the foyer you come to the family room and kitchen. I really like how open they are to each other!


Closer view of the kitchen

And a few outside pics. That's Matt and the inspector checking the walkout from the basement.
And part of the backyard area. Our property goes a ways back into the woods. We checked with the county and the woods are part of a preservation so they will never be able to develop more houses back there. That was one of the things we liked about this house. We really didn't like a lot of the houses that were shoved up close to their neighbors and you could peer into their house from yours (and vise versa). A lot of the developments we looked at all butt right up against each other so the fact that we'll never have a house right behind us is awesome!


And finally, me pouring over tons of paint samples trying to pick out the perfect colors!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh your house is soooo nice!! I can't wait to see it after you paint and decorate and it becomes more like your home!! So, was it a brand new place? I love it you guys! Congratulations!

Katy said...

I can't believe that house! It's such a beautiful home!