Sunday, April 5, 2009

Week in review

Closing went really well last Friday. Both my parents and Matt's parents met us right afterwards at the house and we started working almost right away! We've gotten the entire first floor painted. Then this weekend we got the first coat on the master bedroom, and hopefully we'll finish that up tonight. Our household goods finally arrive on Wednesay so for the next few weeks: unpacking and organizing!


Matt taping up the family room
My dad trimming in the ceiling...he's very proud of the fact that he can do it without taping the ceiling, and still comes out straight!

My mom and I used the rollers in the family room



While Matt's parent's worked in the front room. The color is "Heavy Cream." Just a real light beige color. It's also the color for the foyer and stairwell.


And Shawn, my brother, painted in the office. I was too quick on the shutter but you can kind of tell he was about to give me the finger. (He doesn't like his picture taken) Ahh, brotherly love! lol

And our deer!! Not only are the woods behind our house protected, but there are ton of deer there! These are the empty lots next to our house and an entire herd of deer just trotted out.


From our front porch, looking to the side


Zoomed in. I love our deer!


The finished kitchen. I tihnk this color is "vanilla brandy"...just a medium beige shade.

The finished coat of paint in the family room. It's called "coffee."


Finished paint in the office, 'pale olive'. And my temporary working station. I can't wait for our real furniture to arrive!


And the dining room. It looks more red in this picture than it really is, but it's more of a rusty color.


Matt was hanging the fan/light in the family room and Willow thought she wanted to help. She just couldn't figure out how...

Maybe if she jumps on the stool....


That didn't work...maybe if she puts her head through it....

No that doesn't work either. Aha, climb up the big ladder! Silly dog.

3 comments:

Samantha said...

OH MY GOODNESS!! Kristin, I LOVE, LOVE the colors ya'll picked!! I can't wait to see pics once everything is all set up!

And yay for deer! What a welcome change from LA, huh? ;)

Unknown said...

Awesome!!! The house is looking great!! I really like the colors you picked too!

Kristin said...

Thanks! I hope ya'll can come see it in person sometime! :)