Poison Ivy saga: conclusion. Since Matt's arms are now covered with PI, and our efforts barely made a dent in the backyard, we decided to cave and call in the reinforcements.
Julio and crew came prepared with saw, axe and machete, and in 5 hours had the entire area clear. I was being stalker-ish and taking pics of him out my window. :-P
We now have about 10 extra yards deep of usable space!
Most of the rooms of the house are still in progress. All the kitchen needs yet is the bar stools for the island, and our breakfast table, which we've ordred and are just waiting for. I've started adding accents, such as the valance and the sign above the pantry door.



The family room has furniture, it just needs accents yet. I still haven't decided what kind/color of curtains I want to do, and what exactly I want to put above the fire place. I would LOVE to put the tv above the fireplace, but unfortunately it's not wired for it.

The room that is closest to being 'finished' is my office! I figured since I spend 8+ hours a day in there, it should be a top priority. My favorite thing - the bullentin board behind the desk. It was a plain old bullentin board with silver frame. One thing I've learned from watching a ridiculous amount of HGTV - make use of what you've already got! A little spray paint, a bit of fabric, and a touch of ribbon...and wa-la!






3 comments:
Poor Matt!! :(
Okay, I LOVE the dark brown... it makes me want to repaint our master bath {for the third time} even darker! That's closer to the color I actually wanted. It's looking great!! And yay for a craft room!!
I love all the paint colors and your place is coming together very nicely! I'm jealous...I want to paint!!!
A big mirror would look awesome over your cool fireplace, though whatever you choose to put there will no doubt look great!
Did I say already that I'm super jealous that you get to paint and do whatever you want??!
Sam - it's Brown Suede by Valspar ;)
Katy - It definitely is nice to be able to personalize everything. I know how you feel, I was totally itching to do for the past few years. I'll tell ya what, I still have a few white rooms upstairs...why don't you come visit, and you can paint until your heart's content!!! :-P
Miss you guys!
Post a Comment