Friday, May 2, 2008

Exhausted!

I am glad to be home! I was only gone 3 days, but they had our agenda so packed that it felt like so much longer. Overall it was a good trip though. My company was recently acquired, and so we were having meetings at the new company's headquarters. The company I have been working for for the past 3.5 years is pretty small. We had about 175 employees total, and in our corporate office where I work, there is only 50-60 people. The new company is HUGE! I'm talking 33,000 employees. Someone just told me this week "The good news is, you now work for a big company. The bad news is, you now work for a big company!" Ha! I haven't come across any of the cons just yet, but did get to see a few of the perks during this trip. This is a totally stupid example, but they had gift bags waiting for us when we checked into our hotel! It sounds stupid to be so excited over something so little. But coming from an environment where we had to pinch pennies and every little expense was scrutinized, the fact that the company would splurge on this, just to welcome me to their city, is pretty awesome! Plus, it doesn't take much to amuse me :-P These are the goodies:


And of course since I LOVE cheese, and I was in Wisconsin, I had to pick up this magnet from the airport. Unfortunately I didn't get to try any real Wisconsin cheese while I was there, since they pretty much had our meals planned out for us. I have a feeling I'll have to go back in the near future, so maybe next time!
And now, I am so looking forward to relaxing this weekend, and doing absolutely nothing! I think I'll start right now ;)

No comments: