Monday, May 19, 2008

Hawaii

Matt and I had a blast last week in Hawaii. Matt had been there before about 6 years ago, but this was my first time there. We packed in a bunch of activities, I'm not the type that can just lay around on the beach all day, I get bored! I do enjoy it for a bit, but I also like to see and do things, and explore places that I've never been before. I don't have all my pictures uploaded to Shutterfly just yet, but when I do I'll post the link for all the pics. Here are just a few of the highlights!



Matt at the USS Arizona Memorial


USS Arizona Memorial



My first Mai Tai of the trip....YUM!



We took surfing lessons!


Look at me go! haha




I do have to say, we both did really well!





Isn't the ocean just a beautiful color?


I think we had shaved ice almost every day!

Haunama Bay


View of Honolulu from the top of Diamond Head


Us at the top of Diamond Head





I'm such a sucker for buying the professional pics that places take. This one was boarding a submarine that took us 120 feet under water.


Everyone getting on the sub


Inside the sub

My kind of snorkeling - glass between me and the fish! This was a neat plane wreck that acted as a reef for the fish.


Dolphins!


From Matt's underwater camera - he swam with a turtle when he went snorkeling in Turtle Town on Maui.


Again with the professional pics :-P At the "Feast at Lele" Luau on Maui


The dancers at the Luau


Our hotel in Lahaina - it was right at the harbor, a great location!


The catamaran that took us to Lanai - Maui's neighboring island



Hulopoe Bay on Lanai

At the top of Haleakala Crater - a dormant volcano

View of the crater


Horseback ride down into the crater - we went from being at 10,000 feet at the top, down to 7,000 feet at the crater floor.


Us at the bottom of the crater


Our deep sea fishing boat - we left the dock at 3am!


Huge Mahi Mahi that was caught on our boat.

2 comments:

Samantha said...

Looking great on that surf board!! :) Can't wait to hear more and see the scrapbook pages! ;)

Unknown said...

Wow!! You guys did do a lot. It's funny to see how many pictures we have that are very similar though.... Glad you had fun! See you soon!