Monday, May 26, 2008

San Francisco!

The traveling continues! My parents were on a vacation with some friends throughout northern California and Nevada, and ended their trip in San Francisco. Since we had a long weekend, we drove up to meet them for the last few days. Neither Matt or I had been to San Francisco before (well technically I was there when I was 6, but it doesn't count when you don't remember it!) so it was a really neat to get to sightsee together in another new place!


View of Alcatraz on the boat ride over to the island

The building where the inmates were housed!


An example of one of the cells


Ruins of the wardens house


On the boat ride back from the island


View of Lombard Street

The Hyde - Powell cable car...you have to ride a cable car when you come to San Francisco.


And of course I had to get a cheesy shot of hanging off the side!


The seals on Pier 39 - they were so loud!


Wow that ones big!


The BEST hot fudge sundae ever - from the Ghiradelli shop - it's made with Ghiradelli dark chocolate - YUM!


At the Japenese tea garden


My parents at the Golden Gate bridge


Matt goofin around


Us at the bridge

1 comment:

Samantha said...

I TOTALLY forgot that ya'll were going to be there too!! Looks like ya'll had a blast also! I wish I would have remembered and we could have met up for dinner! :(