Thursday, July 23, 2009

Our drainpipe project is almost complete! We've buried all the pipe and filled the trenches. The last step is to finish the 'drywell' (which is just a really big hole filled with stone where all the water runs into). We have to finish filling it with stone, cover it with that white netting stuff that you see in the picture, and then top it all off with dirt. Sorry to bore you with all the details!


Yes we dug that out by hand, Yes we're crazy, and Yes my back is sore. lol.

Now that we're wrapping this project up, we're just about to start the next one...all our fence materials were delivered yesterday, and our parents arrive in town tomorrow to help us start putting it up!

2 comments:

Samantha said...

Oh. My. Goodness. You are TOO good Kristin!! Seriously! I would have begged Ben to hire someone!

Seeing all of this makes me want to visit all the more... but I think I'll wait until the hard labor projects are complete. ;)

Kristin said...

Haha, yeah if you come too soon you might end up with a shovel in your hand! ;)

Trust me, I thought about hiring someone many times, but then that darn frugal side of me kicked in! lol