We woke up this morning at 4:30am to a wicked thunderstorm. There was no way we could fall back asleep with how loud the thunder was, so we opened our blinds and watched the storm. About 15 minutes into it, I saw I think the brightest flash of lightning I've ever seen. Then next thing we know, about 300-400 yards away from our house (or something like that - I'm not good with distances), just over a tree line came a huge billow of black smoke and a fire ball rushed up behind the tree line. Crazy! So we called 911 to report the fire, and we were put on HOLD! Seriously, since when does 911 put people on hold? Luckily someone else must have gotten through because a few minutes later fire trucks arrived. But I was shocked that we sat there on hold with 911. I'm just glad it was the trees and not someones house that caught fire, so no one was hurt. Wow. What a morning!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment