Saturday, June 14, 2008

Gettysburg

Matt's mom is a history buff, and it had been over ten years since she had been to Gettysburg. Since it's only 20-30 minutes from my house, we decided to spend the day there today. Living so closely, I've been there a million times, but to be honest, I never really cared or payed attention to the history part of it. My dad knows a ton about the civil war and Gettysburg, and so we got the official Dwight Myers tour! It was really great to spend time with our parents, and the only bad part was the sweltering heat and humidity! The temperature was in the 90's, and the humidity I swear felt like it was 100%. I really am spoiled with this California weather.


The brand new visitors center

The guys of course had to check out all the guns

Can you find my hometown, Hanover?





These are all over the battlefields



View of Devil's Den from Little Round Top. It's hard to imagine the soldiers hiding behind the rocks.


View of Little Round Top from down at Devil's Den



Matt and I, his parents, and my parents

No comments: